Another ridiculously easy meal for all you people who don’t know a hob from a spatula. Not the cheapest but it’s always nice to treat yourself every now and then isn’t it. If you fuck this up then I honestly think there’s no hope for you, just saying. Let’s get straight to the point, you need:
Whatever size sirloin you want (go for a 10oz for cooking times to be accurate though seeing as if it’s thicker/thinner it will take longer/shorter to cook.)
Peas (if you want, I always do)
Salt & Pepper
To cook it:
1. Preheat the oven to the temperature that’s said on the bag of chips and stick them in.
2. Put some peas on the boil if you’re having them.
3. Rub the steak in vegetable oil and season with as much salt and pepper as you want (LOADS!)
4. Place the steak in a frying pan that’s HOT and cook for 5 minutes (turning halfway through) for rare, 6 – 7 minutes for medium rare and 8 – 9 minutes for well done.
5. If you’ve timed it correctly, simple maths should help you with that, you can leave the steak to rest off the heat for a minute while you plate the peas and chips up and you should then be looking at a tasty steak dinner. I would congratulate you on this one but it’s not hard at all. Enjoy.