February 28, 2012

Music: Album Review: High Contrast–The Agony And The Ecstasy

I have always been a fan of High Contrasts music, he was my introduction to Drum & Bass when I first heard his remix of Adele’s Hometown Glory and hasn’t left my side since. His previous albums have never disappointed but in my opinion this is his strongest release to date. The songs go from upbeat club dub to more ethereal songs. His use of female vocalists Selah Corbin, Liane Carroll and Clare Maguire all add to the beauty of his music and his collaboration with Tiesto & Underworld is an outstanding piece of music.

I don’t think I could pick a single bad song out of the 12 in all honesty but after a few listens my two favourites are The Agony And The Ecstasy, the single he released from the album, and All There Is (was planning on giving you YouTube links for the two songs but they’re not on there yet). You’d be absolutely mad to not get this album even if you only have a vested interest in Drum & Bass music. This collection of music only serves to cement High Contrasts place within the elite of Drum & Bass production.

No comments:

Post a Comment